Only a very few people plan to commit suicide by ingesting disk batteries.. Battery Ingestion Causes Disk battery ingestion mostly occurs in children young than 5 years and in seniors. Common scenarios of ingestion involve small children swallowing their personal hearing aid electric battery or consuming batteries lying loose once they were taken off a device. Other situations, the batteries are recognised incorrectly as a tablet and ingested. Occasionally, people accidentally swallow a electric battery because it is kept by them within their mouth when changing a wrist watch battery.This content was reprinted from Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News with permission from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers. Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News provides retained its placement as the main biotech publisher around the globe since its launch in 1981. GEN publishes a print edition 21 times a year and has additional unique editorial content online, like analysis and news in addition to blogs, podcasts, webinars, polls, videos, and application notes. GEN’s unique news and technology concentrate includes the complete bioproduct life cycle from early-stage R&D, to applied analysis including omics, biomarkers, in addition to diagnostics, to commercialization and bioprocessing.
Cholesterol drugs clash head on By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD Major cholesterol lowering drugs are being pitched against each other.